Thursday, June 17, 2010

Linda Chung's insomnia, stopped work immediately




Linda Chung who's very serious when it comes to work, while filming Pu Song Ling she had insomnia for a long time. Thankfully she didn't need to go on medication, and she hopes that audiences would forgive her.
Speaking about the insomnia period, Linda expressed her torture, " Couldn't sleep for 3 months, my condition was very bad." (Couldn't sleep because of stress?) " No, when I first came back from holidays, I was still fine, I was happy too, but there was one day I couldn't sleep, the following day too, and then I couldn't sleep at all."

While filming Pu Song Ling, her roles, plus her character was a very sad role, the more Linda wants to sleep well to prepare for work, the harder it was for her to fall asleep. She expressed, " My antibody was very weak at that time, I always fell sick, my skin was sensitive, when I reached home, I was even afraid to see my bed, because no matter what I couldn't sleep, my mum had to pull me to work, I almost couldn't continue filming." Thankfully, Fala Chen and Steven Ma who were in the film were always comforting her, helping her out with work stress. Linda really thanked them for it.
After having hard time pulling through that period, later Linda accepted another series, she knew that she couldn't continue working given the condition she was in, therefore she had to rest for a week. When she was off, she didn't take any calls, and she was also on Chinese medication, she then slowly recovered, " Mum was very worried that time, she always massaged my head and legs." (Did mum ask you to quit your job?) " No, she only asked me not to accept so much work, but this time it's an experience."
After going through a "serious illness" this time, Linda felt that she can't allow herself to affect others, therefore she would be more responsible towards work in the future, do her best in everything, and hopes that audiences would forgive her for mistakes this time.


Source: oriental daily
Translator: Eujean Lee @ TVB Newsworld

0 comments:

Post a Comment