Sunday, May 30, 2010

Teresa Mo reproaches Lydia Tong for being “cruel”

As spokesperson for Vita Green Health Products, Teresa Mo participated in an event yesterday marking the premiere of a commercial that she did for the company. She says that the reason why she agreed to be a spokesperson for Vita Green is due to a ‘chance’ situation with the company's Dr Chen Xi Ling. She explained: “Last year, during the time when swine flu was at its peak, my youngest daughter caught the disease. There were too many people at the public hospitals and when I tried to take her to the private hospitals, not a single one would take her. I felt so helpless at the time, since it was the middle of the night and my daughter had a 104 degree fever, so I turned to Dr. Chen – our long-time family doctor – who immediately helped us find a hospital. She basically saved my daughter’s life.” (So you agreed to do this commercial because of Dr. Chen?) “Well, my family did try out these health products as well and the company did pay me for shooting the commercial, but at a ‘friend rate’.”

Asked about her good friend Isabella Kou’s daughter Lydia incurring the wrath of thousands of netizens through her ‘Bonsai Cat’ weibo posting, Teresa commented: “At first, when I saw Dodo Cheng’s reprimand toward Lydia, I did not know the situation and so did not know what had made her so upset. I found out about it later. In my opinion, talking about it [how ‘Bonsai Cat’ is created] is already bad enough – the process is very cruel and inhumane….don’t want to be promoting it.” Teresa indicated that at first, she wanted to go on weibo and understand the situation better, but the posting was already deleted. However, the situation had already spun out of control, people were affected, and now even political organizations are involved. Teresa admitted that Lydia was wrong, but hopes that she learns from the situation: “I believe that the situation has nothing to do with Isabella – after all, Lydia is an adult already, so it’s hard to blame the parent entirely. As an adult, she should come forward and take responsibility for her own actions.”

As for reports that because Lydia is in England and has not returned to Hong Kong, her mother Isabella has become the ‘scapegoat’ for the situation. In response to this, Teresa stated: “If I get a chance to see Isabella, I would like try to console her. Being a mother is difficult – children make mistakes, but parents do also. In fact, I make mistakes all the time and am learning and changing constantly.”

In addition, Teresa revealed that currently, she is busy filming the new series "Sunny Every Day". She says that she is very grateful to producer Catherine Tsang for allowing her to collaborate with her idol Louise Lee in this series – her last TV series before returning to film. Teresa indicated that she is confident the series will get good ratings – plus her collaboration with Wayne Lai this time around will produce an ardent love relationship in the series.

Source: Takungpao
Translation: llwy12 @ AsianFanatics

0 comments:

Post a Comment