Saturday, May 29, 2010

Roger Kwok decided to quit smoking after he ran out of breath while filming

Roger Kwok, as the "Smoking cessation ambassador" attended an activity in Whampoa yesterday. Roger pointed out that he is the best person to be appointed as "Smoking cessation ambassador" because he is an ex-smoker. He had more than 10 years of "smoking" experience before he eventually gave it up 6 years ago.

Roger revealed "When I entered the entertainment industry, I had so much stress, like working all hours. I had to rely on smoking to get by, it was a bad habit. Once I smoked over 2 packets a day. (Wow, how did you give it up when you were such a heavy smoker?) I found out that my health was getting worse since I smoked. When I sang on stage, I ran out of breath and my heart beat was so fast. I tried to quit once, but was unsuccessful due to the fact that my friends around me were smokers. I couldn't handle that "smoking" temptation. However, I was successful the second time round." Roger was asked what was the driving force behind him the second time round? Roger smiled and said he owed it to Myolie Wu. He explained "In a TV series, Myolie was the passenger and I was the rickshaw driver. After only one round of pulling the rickshaw, I was exhausted, my heart was beating very fast and I was shaking. I had to rest for 5 minutes before the second take. At that moment, I knew I had to do it, so I decided to quit smoking."

Talking about the TVB up coming new series "The Mysteries of Love", it was said that Raymond Lam had copied his role from a Japanese drama. Roger said an artist would not copy another artist's acting skill. Even if different artist to play the same role, it would result in different outcome. He asked the audience that it is better for them to concentrate watching how Raymond plays that role in comparison with the Japanese one.

Source: Takungpao
Translator: R.E.D @ http://www.asianvn.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment