Monday, May 24, 2010

Falling glass on the street almost hits Toby Leung

Yesterday Toby Leung drove her favorite car the Mini Cooper out to buy DVDs in Kowloon City when a broken glass piece fell from the sky, luckily she didn't get hit. Although she was able to avoid becoming an injured person, her car was damaged. At first glance, Toby was in panic looking at all the damages.

Toby recalled the incident: "It happened around 4pm, I parked my car at Lion Rock Road in Kowloon City and went into a VCD store, when I was getting back into my car, I felt thirsty and went to buy a drink. Suddenly some residents said 'glass fell on your car', I jumped in fear and immediately went to see what happened. I saw the roof of my car with several damages and learned that the person who dropped the glass was a disabled person, so I decided not to charge him. I asked the auto repair shop that I am familiar with and they said the repair may cost about $10,000-20,000. So heart breaking, but more importantly no one was injured. There was one lady who got so frightened she had to be sent to the hospital."

After the incident, TVB executive and father Tommy Leung and her mother also arrived at the scene to see what happened. Toby said: "I just got settled down from the bike incident and now this kind of thing happens. Such bad luck! I'm not going to repair my car yet, wait for another half year first. (Change into a passenger?) Wait until I earn more money first, if not then I have to be the driver myself."

The police spokesperson said that they discovered renovation contractors at the scene who were installing new air conditioners during the time the glass fell down onto the street. Police received the notice and rushed to the scene and arrested a 48 year old renovation contractor. Because the falling glass frightened a lady who was passing by, a 58 year old by the surname of Chan was sent to the hospital for examination. Police are temporarily handling the case as a high falling object damaging car case.

Source: Oriental Daily
Translated by: aZnangel @ AsianEU

0 comments:

Post a Comment