Thursday, May 27, 2010

Bernice Liu Creates Kungfu Dance, Gets An Award In Canada

Bernice Liu and To Yu Hang collaborated in new film "Ip Man Prequel." The fight scenes in the film are enough for these two, who loves kungfu, to fill their kungfu cravings. Although once learned tae kwon do for 6 years, but it's different from wing chun, so Bernice took wing chun classes before filming. She got addicted and specially went to a wing chun master to learn wing chun. She said: "Actually about kungfu, I learned about it when I watch Bruce Lee's films in Canada. I used a song in his film to dance with, and added some kungfu elements to compete. I was 12 and in the end I got a specialty award."

Asked whether she wants to be one of the fight girls like Michelle Yeoh, Bernice said she has no plans yet: "Indeed, there are more fighting films these two years. Guess I would see whether I have a chance or not. Actually I want to expand my movie and television career equally. I will start to film a series next month!"

Yu Hang, who plays Ip Man in the film, was asked whether he watched Donnie Yen's "Ip Man" series to take reference, he said: "Donnie's great in 'Ip Man.' But my Ip Man this time is from 12 to 28 years old. I think my personality is similar to Ip Man's, I'm a quiet person, learned kungfu when I was little, just in a different generation."

Talked about debuting as a newcomer, Yu Hang said he felt pressured. Besides being a lead in film, he also worked with many senior actors. He said: "I remember when I have scenes with Sammo Hung in 'Ip Man 2,' I was very nervous. He, Donnie, and Louis Fan Siu Wong all have more than 10 years of acting experience. Although I just had to say several lines, but it felt like participating in a big competition."

Source: Oriental Daily
Translated by: Kay's Entertainment

0 comments:

Post a Comment