Thursday, January 1, 2009

Kate Winslet: 'Kissing Leonardo Dicaprio Was Weird'

Kate Winslet: 'Kissing Leonardo Dicaprio Was Weird'Kate Winslet hated kissing Leonardo Dicaprio - even though her husband encouraged it.

Director Sam Mendes - who Winslet married in May 2003 - brought the award-winning actors back together on the big screen in new Revolutionary Road.

But Kate admits the pairing - which meant she had to pucker up to Leo and even romp with him in a scene in the kitchen as they play a married couple - left her embarrassed.

She tells Elle magazine, "It was more that neither Sam nor Leo seemed the slightest bit bothered.

"I was like, 'Is it just me who feels a bit weird about this? You know. My friend. My husband'.

"But it was just me. There's this amazing still that was taken on set of Leo and me kissing, and Sam is in the background.

"You can see this look of absolute intensity on his face and I knew all he was thinking about at that moment was the frame of the shot."

Winslet, 33, insists she and Dicaprio have a special chemistry on screen because they have stayed close since 1997 hit Titanic.

She added, "Leo's friendship is a major thing in my life. It's a big relationship.

"We met when we were very young and did this incredible film [Titanic], which changed both our lives, but the best thing to come out of it was this friendship."

0 comments:

Post a Comment