Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Simon Yam caught smoking; daughter makes him stand in the corner

Newly crowned HKFA Best Actor Simon Yam attended an event for S.T. Dupont leather company yesterday. He indicated that 30 years ago, he already started saving up money to buy the brand’s cigarette lighters: “At that time, I was already a collector of that brand’s lighters – even in that era, the lighters were over HKD$1000 a piece. The ones I have currently are in the safe deposit box. I like hearing the ‘ding’ sound of the lighter – it’s particularly refreshing after a tired day of filming.”

Earlier, a magazine published a picture of Simon smoking on the day of the HK Film Awards, wearing the same black suit he wore to the awards ceremony. After his daughter saw the picture, she made him go stand in the corner as punishment. Simon expressed: “My daughter really wants me to quit smoking because she understands how harmful and unhealthy it is. When she saw the picture, she made me go stand in the ‘naughty corner’ – not only did I have to stand there for 4 days straight, she also made me stand there wearing that same black outfit. I feel that her actions were very innocent and proper. I will definitely try my best to quit smoking.”

Source: Oriental Daily
Translation: llwy12 @ AsianFanatics

0 comments:

Post a Comment